Friday, March 20, 2009

Time to Admit Defeat


Well, I think it's time I finally just admit to it... I'm a dork. A raging, red-headed, female dork. Today, I finally bit the bullet and did what apparently 9 million people, including William Shatner, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Ozzy Osbourne, have done before me. I downloaded "World of Warcraft." I swore I'd never do it, but then I found a friend who plays, and I got a new computer that could support it... I guess it was just inevitable at some point.

I have to say, though, the whole "World of Warcraft" process is less than noob friendly (yup, I said "noob." Deal.). I had to download about a billion patches to get the thing to work, and then about a billion more after I logged in the first time. Then another billion when I put in the "Burning Crusade" expansion. Then you have to choose armies and races and servers and game play styles, sit through another billion updates, accept about a thousand end-user agreements (I think I may have given away my first-born, I'm not sure), and then research your booty off so you can try to figure out just what the heck is going on in this micro little universe that everybody knows more about than you.

Luckily, I have a friend who walked me through the first 3 hours of the game. Yay for laziness!

Overall, I find the game interesting... I'm not sure if it is or isn't what I expected, but considering I'm only 3 hours in, I don't suppose I can expect to have a judgment on how I like the game yet. Only time will tell. At this point, I'm just happy to have another game to play, and another person to play with, when my husband monopolizes the Xbox.

So, my name is Xbox Maven, and I'm a red-headed, big chested, level 6 Blood Elf Warlock, with an Imp. Boo-ya.

0 comments on "Time to Admit Defeat"

 

Xbox Maven Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez