Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Thirdsies Weekend at GameStop!


I'm not a frugal person. I know that's not a popular thing to say right now, but there you have it. I'm perfectly happy with my overly-expensive Blackberry Storm, my 42" flat screen LCD screen, my $10 a tube lip gloss, and my $50 bras from Victoria's Secret. I did the frugal thing for awhile and really it was just too much work to squeeze pennies until they bled. If you hand me a good deal, I won't turn it down, but really I don't have the time or energy to find ways to work the system to save a few bucks.

That's why I love GameStop.

Once every few months or so, they have what a friend and I have coined as "Thirdsies Weekend." Thirdsies Weekend is where you buy two used games at any price, get the third free. Being the avid gamer that I am, I live for Thirdsies Week because it allows me to get games I want for cheap. And I have one of those Edge cards too, which means I get a certain percent off of my purchase on used games, so bonus.

This weekend just so happens to be Thirdsies Weekend, so I managed to snag some pretty neat games that I just can't wait to get into. I ended up getting "Prince of Persia," "Lord of the Rings: Conquest," and "Street Fighter 4" for under $100. Considering all three retail for in and around $60 each new, I am pretty psyched. My friend ended up getting something like 6 games for under $130. Who says I don't know how to save? Of course, some people wouldn't count saving money on a luxury item as a great example of frugal living, but a saved dollar is a saved dollar, if you ask me.

The only bummer is I just started "Dead Space," which is the coolest game I've played in awhile, and this week or two at work will be the week from hell, and I know I won't be able to dedicate the time and energy to these new games that I want to, for the time being. Oh well. At least superficial playing will boost my embarrassingly meager Achievement score... Which, for the record, was over 3,000 before I started my own profile. No worries, though. I know it's only a matter of time before my score adequately reflects the numerous wasted hours I've invested in my Xbox.

0 comments on "It's Thirdsies Weekend at GameStop!"

 

Xbox Maven Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez