Thursday, March 19, 2009

Seven Things That Make Me Disproportionately Happy


Wednesday is my only day off this week... And it's my last day off until next Thursday. So I pledged to do as little as possible with my day. I even turned down a lunch invite in favor of sitting on my butt and restarting Fable II, a game that (under my old profile), I've almost beaten. I don't know if that makes me sad and pathetic, or just somebody who's indulging in some much-deserved "me" time. I'm going with the latter because it makes me feel better about myself.

Along with my plan to contribute as little to humanity as possible, I went about and did some blog surfing. One of the blogs I stopped at, Heather's Hodgepodge, had this cute little thingy about the seven things that make make us disproportionately happy with life, and I couldn't stop myself from doing one of my own. Seeing as I'm easily amused and I love doing little quizzes and questionnaires, that sort of thing is my kryptonite. So here's my list:

1. Any marathon of "Top Chef," "Kitchen Nightmares," or "Hell's Kitchen." Seeing any of those on for an entire day just thrills me to bits. I might as well get my sweatpants, a bag of chips, and blanket, because I won't leave the couch all day.

2. Getting Xbox LIVE Achievements. I really don't know why, but the need to get Achievements on my Xbox profile, literally, drives me to play some games for hours on end. It's like those little points validate my entire gaming life, and at the same time, serve as a numerical watermark for how much time I waste online.

3. Sleeping in, and/or not having to wake up to an alarm. I don't think there's a need for any explanation there.

4. Stickers. There, I said it. I love stickers. If I get stickers or stars or some other reward for a job well done, it thrills me to pieces. Maybe that's why Weight Watchers works so well for me... Because my entire weight loss journey is validated in stickers and stars, and getting those is my crack.

5. Comments or emails. 90% of my communication online is through forums and private messages on forums, or messages through Xbox... And that represents a relative fraction of my overall online correspondance, seeing as 98% of what I get overall is spam. Whenever I get an email or a comment from a person, even a random person, it makes my hour.

6. Free food. You ever go to a store that has samples of food, and you watch a person just bounce back and forth from sample station to sample station, getting sample after sample? That person is probably me. Samples always turn into free lunch for me. I wish I could say I was joking, but 2 of my 3 favorite stores have free food somewhere most of the time.

7. Rainy and/or foggy days. I love rainy days. Rainy days make me so happy, it's insane. Especially now, since it's been winter for so long that rain means it's too warm to snow... Which means that spring has to be on the way... Right?

My dreary, foggy backyard... But spring has to be coming, right?

0 comments on "Seven Things That Make Me Disproportionately Happy"

 

Xbox Maven Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez